Formation of the Alumni Association
- Founded in 1922, by a group of College Fellows
- Main aim is to keep alumni in touch both with each other and the College
- Name change to ‘Downing College Alumni Association’ occurred in 2012 more clearly reflecting its membership.
- The Alumni Association works closely with the Alumni and Development Office (founded in 1996) to foster and strengthen alumni relations
This is offered to
- current undergraduate and post-graduate students; they become Life Members on graduation
- members of the Fellowship
Rules of the Association
The Executive Committee
This Committee manages the Association and comprises:
- Past President
- President Elect
- Vice Presidents
- Association Secretary
- Members representing a wide range of age groups
- Co-opted members with particular expertise
- Student representatives
- Ex-officio senior members of the College
Committee membership is reviewed and approved annually at the AGM.
The 2022 AGM will be held on Saturday 24 September. Details will be circulated in due course.