Subject Admissions Webinars 2021
On Tuesday afternoons throughout March, April, May and June the admissions team at Downing College will be running subject based admissions webinars and live subject Q&As for students interested in studying at the University of Cambridge.
The subject admissions webinars will include an overview of the Cambridge undergraduate admissions process from a member of Downing College admissions staff, a summary of the course from the Director of Studies and an introduction to student life from a current undergraduate student.
The live subject Q&As are an opportunity for students to speak to the Director of Studies and a current student for their subject. Students are expected to watch the subject admissions webinar recording from last year on YouTube before attending the Q&A session where they will be able to get all their questions answered. Please find the recordings here.
The webinars will take a different subject each week but always start at 4pm. The subject admissions webinars last for an hour and a half whilst the live Q&As are an hour. If you have a question, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this event you must be:
- A current year 11 or 12 student in the UK (Year 12 will be prioritised)
- Be able to achieve The University of Cambridge entrance requirements
Students who meet any of the below criteria will be prioritised:
- No parental history of higher education
- Current state school student
- Currently or previously living under local authority care
- Eligible for Free School Meals (currently, or in the previous six years)
- IMD deciles 1-3
- School/college progression rates to higher education
- Disability/extenuating circumstances which has affected study
- Ethnicity: BME students
- Young carer
- POLAR 4 classification 1 or 2
Subject admissions webinars in 2021
WATCH PREVIOUS SESSIONS HERE VIA YOUTUBE:
Live Subject Q&As