Applicants for certain subjects will be asked to submit two pieces of written work. We will request this when we acknowledge your application.
Applicants have been sent a link to an additional document questionnaire which contains a link to this year's cover sheet. The deadline for receipt of written work is 3 November 2022.
The subjects for which written work is required are:
- Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic
- Archaeology (1 piece only required)
- Architecture (6 page pdf- mini portfolio)
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Economics (1 piece only required)
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human, Social and Political Sciences
- Modern and Medieval Languages
- Music (Essay and composition required)
Two essays or pieces of coursework in an appropriate subject or subjects should be submitted. These should have been produced in the course of your A-Level (or equivalent) studies and marked by a teacher, not specially written for the interview.
If you wish, you may include a short post-script suggesting how you might add to or alter your essays in the light of more recent study and thought. One of these pieces of work might be used as the basis of discussion in at least one of your interviews.
University guidance in relation to written work can be found here: Submitted work | Undergraduate Study.
If you are in any doubt concerning suitability of written work to be sent, please contact the Admissions Officer.