Dining in College
Downing members in the categories below who are out of residence are welcome to dine with Fellows at High Table twice in each full term and may bring with them one guest only (whose meal and alcohol will be charged). On the first occasion, dinner will be free of charge for the alumnus/a, although guests' meals will be charged for. On the second occasion, both meals will be charged for.
Members wishing to organise dining for a larger group reunion are asked to contact email@example.com for more information on how to arrange a private booking.
You are eligible to dine at High Table if you meet one of the following criteria; you have a:
- Cambridge BA or any other Cambridge postgraduate degree, and 19 terms have passed since you matriculated at Cambridge
- Cambridge MA
- Cambridge postgraduate degree or qualification and have reached the age of 24 years.
Places at High Table may be booked through the College Office by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email requests to dine in should include:
- Your name and that of your guest, if you are bringing one.
- The date on which you wish to dine in.
- Any food allergies or intolerances you have and those of your guest, and requests for vegetarian meals.
- Confirmation that you meet the eligibility criteria by giving your degree and when you took it.
- Your contact details for billing purposes.
Please be aware of the deadline for booking a dinner at High Table:
- Monday High Table - book by 11am on the previous Friday
- Wednesday High Table - book by 11am on Tuesday
- Friday High Table - book by 11am on Thursday
Staying in College
Alumni who wish to stay in College may book guest rooms, subject to availability, by telephoning the Accommodation Office on 01223 762063 or emailing the Accommodation Office.
If you would like to hold business or private meetings in College, please visit the Conference Office website for more information