Year 12 Enhanced Open Day Webinar
Wednesday 1st July
The Enhanced Open Day Webinar is a brilliant opportunity for Year 12 students in the UK who are interested in applying to study at the University of Cambridge. The webinar involves a variety of sessions that will help students prepare for the application process including: an admissions overview, personal statement workshop, and interview advice. The webinar will be ran by members of the admissions team and current undergraduate students, who will provide advice and answer questions.
10:00am – Welcome and Downing History
10:10am – Downing Virtual Tour
10:30am – Cambridge Admissions Overview
11:10am – Break
11:20am – Student Life Talk
11:40am – Student Finance and Budgeting
12:00pm – Lunch Break
1:00pm – Personal Statement Workshop
1:45pm – Break
1:55pm – Interview Advice
2:40pm – Q&A
3:00pm – Finish
The webinar is not subject focused and will provide general advice for applying to the University of Cambridge. It is advised that Year 12s interested in applying to Cambridge attend one of our subject admissions webinars, if their subject is available, for subject specific advice. As well as speaking to the department.
How to apply
To apply for this event you must be:
- A current year 12 student in the UK
- Be able to achieve The University of Cambridge entrance requirements.
Students who meet any of the below criteria will be prioritised:
- No parental history of higher education
- Current state school student
- Currently or previously living under local authority care
- Eligible for Free School Meals (currently, or in the previous six years)
- IMD deciles 1-3
- School/college progression rates to higher education
- Disability/extenuating circumstances which has affected study
- Ethnicity: BME students
- Young carer
- POLAR 4 classification 1 or 2
You can also sign up to other University of Cambridge colleges events being put on for year 12.