Women in STEM Residential
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), Downing College has postponed all of our upcoming outreach events. If you are interested in attending this event or others in the future, please fill out this form and we will email you when we have a new date and are taking applications again.
Women in STEM is an exciting residential opportunity for women in year 10 and 11 to come and spend four days at Downing College, learning more about Science and the opportunities it can present them in future. Students who attend the residential will be able to take part in subject sessions in either Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Maths, or Computer Science. As part of the residential students will be able to meet current STEM students at Cambridge as well as current professionals who will explain how they have used Science in their roles. The aim of the residential is to provide students with a wider insight into a range of topics and their opportunities in Higher Education.
This is a free event for participants and travel support, meals and accommodation will be provided to ensure everyone is able to participate.
How to apply
To apply for this event you must be:
- A current year 10 or 11 student in the UK
- Identify as female
- Be able to achieve A*A*A at A level or equivalent
Students who meet any of the below criteria will be prioritised:
- No parental history of higher education
- Current state school student
- Currently or previously living under local authority care
- Eligible for Free School Meals (currently, or in the previous six years)
- IMD deciles 1-3
- School/college progression rates to higher education
- Disability/extenuating circumstances which has affected study
- Ethnicity: BME students
- Young carer
- POLAR 4 classification 1 or 2