Virtual Open Day for Disabled Students
Applications now open.
A virtual open day for UK year 12 (or equivalent) students or mature students with a disability or long-term health condition is taking place on Saturday 10 to Sunday 11 July 2021.
The online open day will feature a mixture of webinars, panel events and discussion sessions delivered by university staff and current students which will aim to provide:
- An insight into the lives of disabled students at Cambridge
- Useful information about the Cambridge application process
- Information about the various kinds of support available for disabled students
This event is the first of its kind at Cambridge to target this particular group of students, and is being jointly hosted by Downing College Cambridge, the Cambridge Students’ Union, the Disability Resource Centre and the Cambridge SU Disabled Students’ Campaign.
The term 'disability' encompasses a range of long term or underlying health conditions such as diabetes, mobility impairments, mental health conditions, neurodivergence such as ASD, Asperger's, ADHD and learning difficulties (SpLDs) including dyslexia. You do not have to show proof of disability or have been given a diagnosis in order to attend the event.
Saturday 10 July
10:30-11:15: Welcome & Intro to being a Disabled Student at Cambridge
11:30-13:00: Admissions Talk & Q&A
14:00-15:00: Student Panel (including Q&A)
15:30-16:30: Student Life Talk & Chats with Current Students
Sunday 11 July
11:00-12:00: Societies Fair
13:30-14:30: Intro to Disabled Students’ Campaign & Disabled Students’ Activism
15:00-16:00: College Choice Session
16:00-16:45: Final Questions Drop-in
- The open day is free for participants and all sessions are non-compulsory. Students can apply here, applications close at midnight on Tuesday 15th June 2021.
- The application form includes space to indicate accessibility requirements and these will be accommodated in the delivery of the different sessions.
- The open day will be hosted on Zoom, with live captioning and an interpreter available for participants if requested via the sign-up form.
- The use of cameras and microphones is not compulsory, participants can communicate via the chat bar, they can leave and re-join at any point and there will be fixed access breaks.