Beginning of Term Director of Studies and Tutor Meeting Schedules
The dates and times listed here have been arranged for the beginning of Michaelmas Term 2019 meetings. All Tutors and many Directors of Studies will publish their appointment schedules on Moodle. It is your responsibility to check the time of your meeting and, if applicable, sign-up online. In some subjects, Directors of Studies will contact you directly by email to arrange a meeting. This will be indicated in the list above if this is the case.
College Tutor Appointments
All Undergraduate students must sign-up for an appointment time to see their Tutor. You have been assigned an Undergraduate Tutor who is responsible for your general welfare while studying at Downing. The Undergraduate Tutors for 2019-2020 are listed here. A list of available times for appointments will be posted online on Tuesday 1 October. Please refer to your welcome letter for the name of your Tutor. Please follow the instructions below to sign up for an appointment time. Please note you will not be able to sign up for an appointment until you have collected your Cambridge email address and the passwords to your University computing accounts as part of the University Student Registration process, unless you have recently been an undergraduate at Downing and your computing accounts and passwords are still active.
- Collect the passwords to your University computing accounts. (When you visit the registration page, you will need to identify yourself and you will be asked whether you wish to be included in the University email directory. Please indicate that you wish to be included in this directory, otherwise you will not receive important emails from Moodle.) If you have already collected your passwords or are a continuing student, please proceed to the next step.
- Go to Moodle.
- Click on ‘Raven Login’.
- Enter your CRSID (this is your username and the first part of your email address, which is made up of your initials and a number).
- Enter your RAVEN password (which you collected at 1. above).
- The system will then direct you to your homepage on Moodle where the ‘Downing College Tutorial Site for Students’ is listed. Please click on this link which will direct you to the site.
- Click on the ‘Director of Studies and Tutor Meetings’ page.
- Please now read and follow the instructions carefully on this page in order to sign up for an appointment.
College Director of Studies Appointment(s)
All Undergraduate students must also either sign-up, or view the appointment time, to see their Director of Studies. You have been assigned a College Director of Studies (DoS) who is responsible for your academic work and progress in a particular subject. The Directors of Studies for 2019/2020 are listed here. Please refer to your welcome letter for the name of your DoS. Please follow the instructions above to sign up or view an appointment time.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Tutorial Office if you encounter any difficulties or have any queries.