The Matriculation Dinner for new undergraduates will be held at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 8 October in the College Dining Hall. You should arrive at 7.15 pm. Your Director of Studies will invite you to a pre-dinner Reception and will send you further information by email on your arrival in Cambridge.
Please complete the Undergraduate Matriculation Dinner Form as follows:
- Enter your official surname and forenames (no nicknames please).
- Enter the subject you will be reading at Downing.
- Please tick the 'yes' box to indicate that you will be attending the dinner.
- If you are unable to attend the dinner please tick the 'no' box.
- Please indicate in the box provided whether you have any special dietary requirements.
Please email this form to the Internal Events Manager by Tuesday 10 September at the latest. We regret that it may not be possible to cater for any special dietary requests which are received after this date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the dress code?
A: The dress code is as follows, which is defined without reference to considerations of gender identity or expression:
- Long trousers or a skirt
- Short or blouse (shirts should be collared and should be worn with a tie or cravat)
- Smart shoes
- Jeans or shorts are not allowed
A Downing College undergraduate gown must also be worn.
Q: Is there a charge for the dinner?
A: The dinner is free of charge for all new undergraduates.
Q: Are partners, family members or spouses invited?
A: Unfortunately, due to space limitations in the Dining Hall guests are not invited.