Porters' Lodge in Michaelmas Term 2020
As ever, the Porters are in College at all times to support and advise you. You are welcome to contact the Porters’ Lodge via telephone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time. In order to ensure that the Lodge is a safe environment for students and staff, there are currently some additional controls in place:
- The Porters will be trying to minimise the number of visitors in the Lodge at any one time. You may be asked to leave or wait outside the Lodge if it is too busy.
- Please do not visit the Lodge in groups.
- Please check, by looking through the door, the number of people in the Lodge before entering and wait outside if you can see two or more visitors inside.
- Parcel collection will be by appointment only. Further details will follow.
- Please minimise the number of deliveries that you receive, particularly at the start of Term. In a normal year, the College handles thousands of parcels for students. The additional work required to manage this number of parcels in a safe manner would mean that the Porters would have little time for anything else!
- If you live out of College, the College will continue to receive mail for you. However, it would be of great help to the Porters if you were able to direct as much of your mail as possible to your residential address or to another alternative.
- If you have deliveries from Amazon, you may wish to have them delivered to a nearby Amazon hub or collection point.