Porters' Lodge in Lent Term 2021
As ever, the Porters are in College at all times to support and advise you. You are welcome to contact the Porters’ Lodge via telephone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time. In order to ensure that the Lodge is a safe environment for students and staff, there are currently some additional controls in place.
To keep our Porters safe, we are trying to minimise the number of visitors in the Lodge. Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please telephone or email the Porters if you have questions and do not visit the Lodge in person unless it is absolutely necessary.
- If you do enter the Lodge, please do so by the front door, use the hand gel provided and do not approach the counter.
- Please do not visit the Lodge in groups.
- Before you enter, please look through the door to check the number of people already in the Lodge before entering and wait outside if you can see two or more visitors inside.
- Please do not stay in the Lodge any longer than is absolutely necessary. Do not hang around to chat.
- If you suspect that you are suffering from Covid-19 symptoms, please telephone the Porters who will be able to guide you in the Self-isolation process. It is crucial that you do this as there are health implications for others in your environment.
- If you have lost a key or a card. Please report this by telephone in the first instance so the Porters can organise a solution prior to collection of a spare or similar.
- Please ensure that only essential items are delivered by post to the Lodge. Please telephone to confirm in advance that you wish to collect your parcel and we will see that your parcel is placed in the Lodge on the back counter ready for your collection.
- If you live out of College, the College will continue to receive mail for you. However, it would be of great help to the Porters if you were able to direct as much of your mail as possible to your residential address or to another alternative.
- If you have deliveries from Amazon, you may wish to have them delivered to a nearby Amazon hub or collection point.