Arrangements for Lent Term 2021
Information for students in residence
Due to the current national lockdown, the University of Cambridge has made the decision to move all teaching and learning for undergraduate and postgraduate taught students online for the entirety of the Lent term.
For those Downing students who are in residence, the College has agreed the following provision for Lent Term.
The Porters’ Lodge is staffed 24/7.
The Porters on duty are your first point of contact for information, advice and/or during an emergency. Please call the Porters’ Lodge on 01223 334800.
Access to and from College is via the main pedestrian gate at the Porters' Lodge onto Regent Street.
All other access points are now locked.
Please note: the College is closed to everyone except resident students and staff working on site. Arrangements will be made for students who live out to access post, equivalent academic facilities, and testing. Guests are not permitted. Card access will be restricted to residents and key staff.
The Dining Hall will be open for order-ahead takeaway service via the Upay app, for collection between 12 noon and 1pm each day only.
Nurse Clinic hours for outside NPR
The College nursing service is opens from Tuesday 5th January 2021. An appointment system will be in place from 18th January 2021.
- The library building is now closed to readers until further notice.
- The Request & Collect service is available but at times delays will be inevitable due to reduced staffing.
- The library’s general email account firstname.lastname@example.org will be monitored when library staff are in College.
The gym is closed.
Music Practice Rooms
The Music Practice rooms are closed.
You must inform the Accommodation Office that you are in residence, so the Housekeeping team know to service your accommodation area.
Please note: due to the national restrictions, the College is operating with a reduced number of Housekeeping staff on site which may affect some services.
For students in residence, housekeeping will provide the following services:
- Refill soap and hand sanitiser stations
- Clean kitchens and communal bathrooms, unless the household is in isolation.
- Remove refuse in kitchen areas where we have been notified that students are in residence.
- Remove refuse from and leave additional toilet roll(s) for all student rooms where we have been notified that students are in residence.
If you need to log a fault with your accommodation or other student facilities, please submit a maintenance request via the Distro Online Maintenance System (OMS) as usual.