Catering Arrangements for COVID-19 response
From Friday 20 March, we will be offering a pre-ordered lunch service, with collection from the Hall. All meals will be served in a take-away box with disposable cutlery and a napkin. Sachets of condiments will be available, as well as still water at 30p per bottle. We will offer a hot meal as well as a selection of sandwiches, yoghurts, fruit, energy bars, soft drinks and crisps, subject to availability and stock levels.
Here is how our service will work.
- By 8am each morning, we will email a menu to all students, staff, and Fellows.
Orders will be taken by phone between 8.30am and 10.30am. Please use the following numbers:
Buttery landline phone: 01223 334808
Buttery mobile phone: 07711 5003760
- Pease call back if both lines are busy: don’t all call at 8.30am!
- Please mention any dietary requirements or allergens so that we can provide a suitable meal. Dietary changes cannot be made at the point of collection.
- Pre-ordered food can be collected between 11am and 2pm, 7 days a week.
- A maximum of 20 meals will be available every half hour: we can provide up to 120 meals to begin with, with supply and opening hours ramped up if needed.
- You may be asked to collect at an earlier or later time, depending on the number of orders received. Don’t all ask to collect your meals at the most popular times, eg 12.15 pm
- A queue management system will be set up in the Hall with entry via A staircase only.
- Please go to the first available queueing point, which will be clearly labelled on the backs of chairs.
- Queueing points will be set-up around the Hall and spaced at least two metres apart.
- Please wait – two metres apart - until the next queuing point becomes available.
- The collection points will be at tables set across the double-doors into the servery, to the left of the hydration station.
- Exit from the Hall will be via the double door into the servery to the right of the hydration station, out through our normal entrance, and leaving the building via B staircase.
- All of these steps will be clearly signposted.
- We will bill your staff or student account by the end of each day. We will not be taking debit or credit card payments.
- For the duration of the current crisis, the servery and kitchen areas will be closed to non-catering staff and students (no access to the coffee machines) except where signposted for the purpose of leaving the Hall.
Please be patient with the catering staff as they adapt to the new operating conditions. The team are dedicated to providing everyone with a wholesome and nutritious meal regardless of your diet.