Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest guidance
The University and Colleges are cooperating closely with Public Health England’s Health Protection Team in Cambridge.
You are encouraged to take particular note of:
- The basic hygiene control practices: washing your hands, catching (and disposing of) coughs & sneezes, avoiding touching your face.
- The recommended source of information on the University of Cambridge website, which contains links to NHS 111, FCO, etc.
The Porters’ Lodge will be open as usual to help you with any questions you might have or to signpost you to any support that you might need. However, it is vital that we all co-operate to protect the health and wellbeing of our Porters – so they will be there to look out for us!
In order to do this, the College is putting the following rules in place:
- Please telephone or email the Porters if you have questions and do not visit the Lodge in person unless it is absolutely necessary.
- If you do enter the Lodge, please do so by the front door, use the hand gel provided and do not approach the counter.
- Please do not stay in the Lodge any longer than is absolutely necessary. Do not hang around to chat.
- If you suspect that you are suffering from Covid-19 symptoms, please telephone the Porters who will be able to guide you in the Self-isolation process. It is crucial that you do this as there are health implications for others in your environment.
- Please ensure that only essential items are delivered by post to the Lodge. Please telephone to confirm in advance that your package has arrived before collection.
- If you have lost a key or a card. Please report this by telephone in the first instance so the Porters can organise a solution prior to collection of a spare or similar.