How to Apply
Prospective graduate students apply to the University in the first instance; you can indicate Downing as your first choice College. All postgraduate applications should be made through the University of Cambridge with the exception of those courses listed below. Full details on how to apply are given on the Applying section of the University of Cambridge Graduate Admissions website.
Applications for some courses are made directly to the appropriate Faculty, Department or Institute. These include:
PGCE Faculty of Education, 184 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 8PQ
MBA Judge Business School, Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1AG
MB BChir Medical School to the School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke’s Hospital (Box 111), Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2SP
For further information please contact the Graduate Admissions Officer, telephone 01223 335827.
Funding and College Studentships
The Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship
The Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship is a full-cost award available to undergraduate and graduate students, covering tuition fees and maintenance, which will, in some instances, also assist with students’ upfront expenses such as travel, visa costs and the immigration health surcharge.
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- hold a conditional offer of admission to the University of Cambridge for any degree;
- be from an area of instability or zone of conflict;
- be, or have been, at risk of discrimination, persecution, suffering, violence or other abuse of their human rights.
Graduate applicants should
- apply by the Graduate Funding deadline for their chosen course of study, and be offered conditional admission to the University of Cambridge;
- tick the box to apply for funding, and fill in the Cambridge Trust section of the online form stating how they meet the eligibility criteria, as part of their application for admission through the University’s Applicant Portal.
For more information visit www.cambridgetrust.org/scholarships/rowan-williams-cambridge-studentship
Affiliated Students for BA courses
If you are a graduate wanting to take a Cambridge BA course you can apply as an Affiliated Student.
Click here for information on Undergraduate Admissions.