- You are required to see your Tutor and Director of Studies at the beginning and end of each Term. These meetings are obligatory! The beginning of Michaelmas Term appointments will be published online from Wednesday 27 September onwards. A paper copy and further information will also be given to you at Registration on Saturday 30 September. It causes great inconvenience if these appointments are missed. If you are unable to keep an appointment it is your responsibility to make alternative arrangements. You are encouraged to discuss with your Director of Studies and/or Tutor any special needs you may have as early as possible. This includes students with unseen disabilities or illness. It is your responsibility to make your needs known to us.
- Emailed College newsletters are sent at frequent intervals during the year. Please ensure that you read these as they contain important information which is not distributed in any other format.
- You must sign in at the Porters’ Lodge in order to collect your key. You must also sign out at the end of each Term and whenever you are away overnight from Cambridge during Term. You are also required to attend your Tutorial appointment at the beginning and end of each Term to enable your Tutor to verify your attendance. Failure to sign in and out at the Porters’ Lodge or attend your Tutorial appointment will automatically mean that you are deemed not to have kept Term and are therefore not eligible to continue your studies at Cambridge.
- You must have an academic gown by Tuesday 3 October. New gowns can be obtained through the College at favourable rates.
- The College is required by the University to certify that all students have been in residence for a minimum number of days each term (59 days during the Michaelmas and Lent Terms and 52 days during the Easter Term). Therefore, it is necessary for all undergraduate students, whether living in College accommodation or not, to sign the College declaration as evidence that residence requirements have been fulfilled. At the end of each Term when you sign out at the Porters' Lodge, you will be given some guidance to read and you will then be asked to sign to confirm you have met these requirements. Please note, this declaration does not affect your residential agreement in any way. You must also declare on the sign out sheet if you have had any nights away from College, and make sure that your dates of arrival and departure correspond to the guidance given to you. An example is shown here.
Bicycles in College
All student bicycles must be marked with a unique personal number which will be allocated to you by the Porters. Please ask the Porters for further details once you arrive in Cambridge.
Keeping a Car in Cambridge
The University ordinances prohibit all students from keeping a car in Cambridge, save in the most exceptional circumstances. Any student who is able to make a case for having a car in Cambridge must obtain the prior approval of the College and University authorities. No parking of student vehicles in College is permitted without such prior consent. Application forms for permission to have a car in Cambridge can be downloaded here. For further information or queries please contact the College Office.