The Matriculation Dinner for new undergraduates will be held at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 3 October in the College Hall. You should arrive at 7.15 pm. Your Director of Studies will invite you to a pre-dinner Reception and will send you further information by email on your arrival in Cambridge.
Please complete the Undergraduate Matriculation Dinner Form as follows:
- Enter your official surname and forenames (no nicknames please).
- Enter the subject you will be reading at Downing.
- Please tick the 'yes' box to indicate that you will be attending the dinner.
- If you are unable to attend the dinner please tick the 'no' box.
- Please indicate in the box provided whether you have any special dietary requirements.
Please email this form to the Internal Events Coordinator by Tuesday 12 September at the latest. We regret that it may not be possible to cater for any special dietary requests which are received after this date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the dress code?
A: The dress code is smart; men are requested to wear a jacket and tie, women are to wear a suitable equivalent. A University of Cambridge gown must also be worn.
Q: Is there a charge for the dinner?
A: The dinner is free of charge for all new undergraduates.
Q: Are partners, family members or spouses invited?
A: Unfortunately, due to space limitations in the Dining Hall guests are not invited.